Overview:The 8-80 Vitality Fund is designed to promote economic development by increasing activity and vitality on our streets and in our public spaces for all ages from 8 to 80. Cities need to be interesting, vital places that attract people. The 8-80 Vitality Fund, inspired by the work of 8-80 Cities, includes projects that will attract millennials downtown at night, families to great neighborhoods with world class trails and bike lanes, workers to downtown with an off-street bike loop, travelers to the city with a green "balcony" attached to the Union Depot train deck, and residents and visitors to restaurants and entertainment venues.
Ward 2 Projects:While there are many items in the 8-80 Vitality Fund for all the wards in the city (including completion of the long-planned Ground Round), we are most concerned about what great things will be happening in Ward 2.
- Palace Theatre - $8 million
- Central LRT Station Plaza - $1 million
- River Balcony Phase 1 - $100,000
- Jackson Street off-street bike loop segment downtown - $8 million
- Downtown remaining bike loop design - $450,000
- Saint Clair full reconstruction from Albert to West 7th Street - $2.5 million
- Citywide optical fiber infrastructure - $1.8 million